Imagination is My Strength

Imagination is My Strength

Monday, July 12, 2010

What I Do With You

The rain drums on my roof,
And I can't take my eyes away from the window;
Like I'm waiting for something to please me.
I dont feel the need to leave my apartment,
But if you join me, I'll dance with you
'Till im soaked and my skin is cold and ice-blue;
And we waited till the morning for the sun to dry us off.
It was so hot,
We cooked our eggs on the sidewalk.
And had cold pizza and coffee for breakfast
You know me,
Im not the one to start a fight.
But with our food,
I found it my morning delight
And i couldn't resist the temptation.
We found it hard to say goodbye,
Even when you went inside
Just to get some water
For our throats that were desert dry.
The street burned our feet,
As we ran trying to catch each other.
After awhile we didn't even bother
Cause we both knew,
You and Me and I had You.
Laying on the deck of my apartment,
Eating chocolate cake with our hands
You asked me if I wanted to start a band. ;)

This place use to be my castle,
You were the knight that climbed the wall,
Took me away;
And now we spend our days
Singning and laughing the blue colored rain.
You gave me inspiration I could trust
When I ran out of fairy dust.
We dressed up
Just to play together in the mud.
The sprinklers went off in the golf course next door.
We rolled in the green cut grass,
And tried hard to muffle our laughs.
The 16th hole was a puddle
And our new secret playground.
We swam with our clothes on
And took picutres underwater,
With your kodak camera.

When Summer turned to Fall,
The leaves changed color
But we stayed the same.
Then with the snow, we tried making igloos
Pretending we were eskimos.
Eating only the marshmellows out of our hot chocolate.
With the snowflakes in our hair,
We can't wait for the hot summer air.
So we can dance in the rain,
Burn our feet,
And every night watch the sun
Fall into a deep sleep.

written last night too. The first part would be my perfect day.
i think thats how its suppose to be, the never changing, surprising love.
the only thing is, i dont live in an apartment, oh well
it could still work.

-Ms. Nicola (i dont like nicolette so much anymore)

No comments:

Post a Comment