Imagination is My Strength

Imagination is My Strength

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Dawn

Listen while Reading. David Lanz - 'Painting the Sun'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-E5TSvNu0Ek

Tonight he had His first cigarette,
And her middle name was Nicolette.
Together they sang 'til their lungs could have burst;
To only catch that one breath
They laid in the dew covered grass.
Dirt and grass stains on their backs, hair a ratty mess,
They watched the dawn break like a piece of glass.
Then their breath became visible in the orange colored light.
Feeling the dirt underneath their fingertips,
With their toes so cold and off-white
Some how they knew that everything would be alright.

That night, we could hear the world spin;
Just us two.
That was it.
That's all we really knew
Him and I, the grass and the dew.

Just finished writing this about a couple of minutes ago.
This morning i made strawberry ice cream with all the windows open and then sun gliding in.
I played some of my favoirte music by Dustin O'halloran, he composes music so beautifully and plays the piano so elegantly. I also really love Davids Lanz's piece - 'Painting the Sun'.
It was a relaxing morning.
These writings are from no personal experience, though i wish they were. My imagination is my greatest strength, and thats real reason i can dream, wish, and write decent.

-Ms. Nicolette

No comments:

Post a Comment